- Feb. 2: “The History, Art, and Science of Beer”: What Secrets Lie Beneath that Foamy Head? On Tuesday, February 2, 2015 join Science Writers in New York for a Talk and Tastings at the New York Beer Company with Noted Beer Expert Peter LaFrance
- Jan. 29.: Behind the Scenes Lunch at the New York Genome Center Five of NYGC’s imaginative, productive genome scientists will introduce their complex work with clarity, highlighting its practical relevance to human health and disease
- Renew Your Membership for 2015 With 2015 approaching…take a moment to renew your annual membership in our local community of science writers—SWINY—the greater metropolitan area’s leading professional and social hub for science, medical, and healthcare writers, editors, and PIOs.
Connect with SWINY
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Feb. 2: “The History, Art, and Science of Beer”: What Secrets Lie Beneath that Foamy Head?
- Jan. 29.: Behind the Scenes Lunch at the New York Genome Center
- Dec. 1: The Eyes Have It: Revolution in Biomedical Imaging
- Oct. 6: The Art & Science of Pricing—How to Talk Money With Clients
- June 18: The Essential Central Park: SWINY’S third annual private tour of Central Park after hours
- Chemistry Content Writer (Freelance)
- Staff Editor, Physics (FT, Ridge, NY)
- Editorial Intern, Weill Cornell Medical College (PT, NYC)