- Renew Your Membership for 2015 With 2015 approaching…take a moment to renew your annual membership in our local community of science writers—SWINY—the greater metropolitan area’s leading professional and social hub for science, medical, and healthcare writers, editors, and PIOs.
- Dec. 1: The Eyes Have It: Revolution in Biomedical Imaging SWINY and Albert Einstein College of Medicine invite you to attend an illuminating group of presentations on marvels of cutting-edge biomedical imaging and their applications to human disease—presented by their renowned innovators.
- Oct. 6: The Art & Science of Pricing—How to Talk Money With Clients Ilise Benun, president of Marketing Mentor, will provide an in-depth look at the basics of pricing for creative services, including the tools you need to price profitably (instead of desperately) as well as the intangibles that make up the “artistry” anyone can master.
Connect with SWINY
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Dec. 1: The Eyes Have It: Revolution in Biomedical Imaging
- Oct. 6: The Art & Science of Pricing—How to Talk Money With Clients
- June 18: The Essential Central Park: SWINY’S third annual private tour of Central Park after hours
- May 14: An evening with Gretchen Rubin, author of the NY Times best-seller, The Happiness Project
- April 9: Genetically Modified Foods—The Sense, Science, & Nonsense
- Chemistry Content Writer (Freelance)
- Staff Editor, Physics (FT, Ridge, NY)
- Editorial Intern, Weill Cornell Medical College (PT, NYC)