GenomeWeb News is looking for an experienced biotech/life-sciences reporter to cover spot news for its flagship daily online news service.
WHO WE WANT: A fast writer who can compose clear, concise copy on tight deadlines. You must have experience with a daily publication. The position involves a mix of science journalism and business reporting, so the preferred candidate will have a background in both areas. This is a full-time position, based on our New York office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO: Translate news releases, announcements, and earnings reports into lively brief articles for our online news service. You’ll also cover conference calls as needed, conduct interviews for online updates, and work with editors from our family of weekly specialty-focus newsletters.
WHAT WE OFFER: A competitive salary, flexibility, a relaxed yet competitive environment, excellent exposure, and bylines. Benefits include 401(k), health, and dental.
WHO WE ARE: GenomeWeb News (www.genomeweb.com) is the largest and best-known independent news service that covers the burgeoning genomic-tool and -technology segment of biotechnology. We publish seven specialty-focused newsletters, a daily online news service, and a monthly magazine.
Interested? Please e-mail your résumé and a handful of clips to Bernadette Toner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with SWINY
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- June 29: SWINY’s Fifth Annual Private Tour in Central Park
- June 16: SWINY and AMWA-NY Present the Business of Freelance
- [Postponed] May 23: Tour the BioBus
- April 27: An evening with best-selling author Sherry Turkle
- [Registration closed] April 20: The Highline Reversed: Tour the World’s First Subterranean Solar Garden
- Chemistry Content Writer (Freelance)
- Staff Editor, Physics (FT, Ridge, NY)
- Editorial Intern, Weill Cornell Medical College (PT, NYC)