Spanish Language Producer, Science Friday
Full time, NYC (possibly offsite)
Science Friday (www.sciencefriday.com) is the highly popular radio science talk show heard each week on NPR and Podcast on the Web. We also produce unique SciFri Videos and news stories. We are a small band of people dedicated to the ideal that science should be “user friendly” and that professionalism, humor, and quality are essential to success.
We have a job opening for a Spanish Language Producer who has the skills to translate our English audio and video science content in Spanish, who can create new and original Spanish language content in the areas of science and technology.
• Translate SciFri Videos into Spanish and create subtitles using Final Cut software.
• Find, research story ideas and create new video and/or audio content
• Help create and maintain Spanish Language section of web site, www.sciencefriday.com/cienciacierta/ including ability to write blogs, Tweets, Facebook entries, etc.
• Flexible hours and workspace; you might be able to work offsite if conditions allow it.
• A challenging environment, the opportunity to work with friendly people and learn new skills in radio, video and Internet.
• Competitive wage rate or full time position w/health benefits.
• Exceptional Spanish Language speaking and translating abilities
• Proven experience in Spanish science and technology writing, editing.
• Interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; plays well with others.
• Self-starter who can work independently.
• Knowledge of Final Cut editing software, preferred.
To apply, please send a resume and samples or URL links to your work to Ira Flatow, Executive Producer, email@example.com, with a cover letter describing why this sounds like the right job for you, plus references.