Managing Editor, McMahon Group
Full time, New York City
McMahon Publishing Group, a well-established company that has market-leading titles in anesthesiology, gastroenterology, general surgery, infectious disease, oncology, pharmacy and pain medicine, seeks a managing editor with excellent web- and print-based skills.
- Writing and editing breaking news and feature articles
- Managing freelance writers
- Interacting with editorial advisory board to hone print and web content
- On-site coverage of medical meetings
- Working closely with the Art and Copy Departments to close the issue each month
- Creating compelling weekly e-Newsletters and breaking news e-Alerts
- Using social media to promote content (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.)
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A background in medical and health science and at least 7 years of experience as a medical editor or writer.
- Top-notch news judgment, with a passion for clear, concise newspaper-style prose
- An understanding of medical statistics and data interpretation
- Strong tracking and production skills
- Knowledge of AP and AMA styles
- A drive to learn from web analytics and build a growing, dedicated web audience
- Ability to package content for print and translate/rethink for website.
- An appreciation for teamwork between editorial, sales and upper management
Company Benefits Offered Include:
Company paid life insurance
Company paid vision coverage
Summer Friday hours
Casual work environment
McMahon Group is an established and well-respected publishing company.
We respect, appreciate and value the dedication of our very talented team!
Come work for a great company, come work for McMahon Group!!
This is a full-time position in our New York City offices. Competitive salary and benefits. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Jeannie Moyer, email@example.com