Senior Editor, Pharmacy Practice News
Full time, New York
Pharmacy Practice News, an established web-based and print publication sent to nearly 50,000 hospital pharmacists in the United States, seeks a senior editor to join the No. 1-read newsmagazine in its field.
Pharmacy Practice News covers emerging policy, technology, operational and clinical issues affecting hospital pharmacy practice. Articles offer a timely mix of meeting coverage, regular features and columns by key opinion leaders.
Recent line extensions—Specialty Pharmacy Continuum and Chief Pharmacy Officer—offer even more focused coverage.
Web presence is strong and growing: 90% increase in Twitter followers and 65% increase in web traffic in 2014.
The Senior Editor works in conjunction with the Editorial Director on the assigning, writing and editing of 25 to 30 articles per month.
- Writing and editing breaking news and feature articles
- Managing freelance writers
- Interacting with editorial advisory board to hone print and web content
- On-site coverage of pharmacy meetings
- Working closely with the Art and Copy Departments to close the issue each month
- Creating compelling weekly e-Newsletters and breaking news e-Alerts
- Using social media to promote content (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.)
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A background in the life sciences and at least 7 years of experience as a medical editor or writer.
- Top-notch news judgment, with a passion for clear, concise newspaper-style prose
- An understanding of medical statistics and study data interpretation
- Strong tracking and production skills
- Knowledge of AP and AMA styles
- A drive to learn from web analytics and build a growing, dedicated web audience
- Ability to package content for print and translate/rethink for website.
- An appreciation for teamwork between editorial, sales and upper management
Pharmacy Practice News is produced by the McMahon Publishing Group, a 43-year-old company that has market-leading titles in anesthesiology, gastroenterology, general surgery, infectious disease, oncology and pain medicine.
This is a full-time position in our New York City offices. Competitive salary and benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Contact: Jeannie Moyer, firstname.lastname@example.org.