- February 25: Register now for SWINY’s Annual Party!
- Tuesday, May 29: An evening with Maggie Koerth-Baker, author of Before the Lights Go Out
- March 30: Bioethics Bootcamp: Finding the Must-Read Angle for Science and Medical Stories
- Managing Editor, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, New York, NY
- Communications Coordinator, California Sea Grant, La Jolla, CA
- Science Writer, Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation, New York, NY
Connect with SWINY
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Jan. 11: Why Do We Love, Why Do We Cheat? An Evening with Helen Fisher
- Dec. 5: SWINY’s Holiday Social at the New York Beer Company
- [CANCELED] Oct. 19: Tableau Workshop for Science Writers
- [Registration Closed] Oct. 13: SWINY’s Exclusive Private Tour of Renowned Research Library
- Sept. 13: Too Smart to Be Conned? Think Again!