Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- October 4: The Rise in Childhood Suicide
- April 26: A Virtual Conversation with Deirdre Barrett, Author of Pandemic Dreams
- April 12: Wastewater Surveillance: An Important Tool in Detecting COVID-19 and Other Pathogens
- March 22: A Virtual Conversation with Dan Levitt, Author of What’s Gotten Into You
- March 14: Was COVID-19 Caused by a Lab Leak in China?
Science Writers in New York invites you to join for our first in-person event since 2020!
Science Writers in New York invites you to join us for a virtual conversation with Dr. Deirdre Barrett, about her new book, Pandemic Dreams, which draws on her survey of over 9,000 dreams about the COVID-19 crisis.
Join Science Writers in New York for a virtual conversation with Dr. Sarah Kane of GT Molecular, who will discuss the technology of testing wastewater for pathogens, including COVID-19 and Mpox, and how it can help prevent/mitigate future pandemics.
Join Science Writers in New York for a virtual conversation with Dan Levitt, whose new book, which tells the startling tales of scientific discovery that allow us to trace the epic odysseys of your atoms from the Big Bang to you.