Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Dec. 1: Big Pharma & COVID-19 Vaccines: A Virtual Conversation with Investigative Journalist Gerald Posner
- Nov. 17: Reporting On and Living With COVID-19: The View of Three European Journalists
- Nov. 9: Mental Health and COVID-19: A Virtual Conversation with Robert Klitzman, MD
- October 28: A Virtual Conversation with Jessica Wapner
- Oct. 22: Can We Use Science to Promote Behavior That Mitigates COVID-19?
Science Writers in New York is excited to present author and award-winning investigative journalist Gerald Posner to discuss the meaning of the interim results of vaccines for COVID-19 announced by Pfizer and Moderna, the financing of vaccines, their distribution, which companies are likely to profit as well as other vaccines in the pipeline.
Join Science Writers in New York for a virtual panel discussion with Malin Attefall (Sweden), Yves Sciama (France), and Eva Wolfangel (Germany) on reporting on COVID-19 in their countries.
Science Writers in New York invites you to join us for a virtual conversation with Robert Klitzman, MD, professor of psychiatry at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, on the mental health challenges of COVID-19, how to minimize stress and anxiety, coping with the holiday blues and pandemic fatigue.
Science Writers in New York invites you to join us for a virtual conversation with Jessica Wapner, author of Wall Disease: The Psychological Toll of Living Up Against a Border.