Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- August 10: The Delta Variant and Booster Shots: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. John Moore
- August 4: Are Aliens Here? A Virtual Conversation with Anthropologist Jerome H. Barkow, Board Member of METI
- July 13: The Fight against Tuberculosis: The Forgotten Disease
- July 8: Did SARS-CoV-2 Leak from a Lab? A Virtual Conversation with Investigative Journalist Katherine Eban
- June 28: A Virtual Conversation with ProPublica’s Marshall Allen, Author of Never Pay the First Bill
Science Writers in New York is pleased to once again present Dr. John Moore, professor of microbiology and immunology at Weill Cornell Medicine, who will discuss the Delta variant of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and whether we will need booster shots for Covid-19 for this variant, and more.
Are Aliens Here? What to Make of the Pentagon’s report to Congress on UFOs A Virtual Conversation with Anthropologist Jerome H. Barkow, Board Member, METI (Messaging Extraterrestrial Intelligence International) Institute Wednesday, August 4, 7 pm EDT on Zoom In 2020, Congress ordered the Pentagon to produce a report on UFOs. On June 25, 2021, the Pentagon released its much-anticipated report on UFOs to ...
Science Writers in New York invites you to a virtual conversation with Thierry Bernard, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of QIAGEN, and Davide Manissero, MD, the company’s Chief Medical Officer, Infection & Immune Diagnostics, about the challenges of detecting and treating TB.
Science Writers in New York welcomes back investigative journalist Katherine Eban (@KatherineEban) for a virtual conversation about her latest article in Vanity Fair, “The Lab-Leak Theory, Inside the Fight to Unlock COVID-19’s Origins.”
Science Writers in New York invites you to a talk with Marshall Allen, a reporter for ProPublica who investigates why we pay so much for health care in the United States and get so little in return.