Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- July 13: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. Sara Mednick, author of The Power of the Downstate
- May 26: What Will COVID Look Like This Summer and Will There Be a New Vaccine this Fall?
- May 16: The Growing Crisis In Our Oceans: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. Drew Harvell
- May 12: Preventing the Next Pandemic: The Link Between Human Health and the Health of the Planet
- May 3: Building a Sustainable, Reliable Revenue Stream as a Professional (PAID!) Speaker
Join Science Writers in New York for a virtual conversation with Dr. Sara Mednick about her new book and how we can access the most replenishing and repairing aspects of sleep through activities and moments that happen during our day by diving into our “Downstate.”
Science Writers in New York is pleased to once again present Dr. John Moore, who will talk about the rise of COVID cases in New York City and across the country, mask policies and vaccination strategies.
Science Writers in New York invites you to a virtual conversation with marine ecologist Dr. Drew Harvell about how marine epidemics can cause mass die-offs of wildlife from the bottom to the top of food chains, impacting the health of ocean ecosystems as well as lives on land.
Science Writers in New York invites you to a virtual conversation with Dr. Neil M. Vora, a pandemic research fellow with Conservation International.