It’s been a quiet summer, what with everyone on vacation and all, but your hardworking SWINY board met September 20 to discuss upcoming events – we’ll be posting them as dates are finalized.
Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Sept. 29: Busting Myths on the Evolution of Humans and Exercise
- Sept. 20: The Role of Numbers in Government, Media, Popular Culture, and Life
- August 18: Monkeypox: What Is It and How Concerned Should We Be?
- July 28: Preventing Zoonotic Spillover at Its Source
- July 13: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. Sara Mednick, author of The Power of the Downstate