GenomeWeb News is looking for an experienced biotech/life-sciences reporter to cover spot news for its flagship daily online news service.
WHO WE WANT: A fast writer who can compose clear, concise copy on tight deadlines. You must have experience with a daily publication. The position involves a mix of science journalism and business reporting, so the preferred candidate will have a background in both areas. This is a full-time position, based on our New York office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO: Translate news releases, announcements, and earnings reports into lively brief articles for our online news service. You’ll also cover conference calls as needed, conduct interviews for online updates, and work with editors from our family of weekly specialty-focus newsletters.
WHAT WE OFFER: A competitive salary, flexibility, a relaxed yet competitive environment, excellent exposure, and bylines. Benefits include 401(k), health, and dental.
WHO WE ARE: GenomeWeb News (www.genomeweb.com) is the largest and best-known independent news service that covers the burgeoning genomic-tool and -technology segment of biotechnology. We publish seven specialty-focused newsletters, a daily online news service, and a monthly magazine.
Interested? Please e-mail your résumé and a handful of clips to Bernadette Toner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- April 14: One Year After Quarantine: Dating and Partnerships in the Time of COVID-19, Part II
- March 31: Food Scarcity in New York State during the Pandemic
- March 24: COVID-19 Variants and Vaccines: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. John Moore
- March 18: A Virtual Conversation with Sherry Turkle on Her New Book, The Empathy Diaries
- March 11: A Virtual Conversation with Carl Zimmer, Author of Life’s Edge: The Search For What It Means To Be Alive