GenomeWeb News is looking for an experienced biotech/life-sciences reporter to cover spot news for its flagship daily online news service.
WHO WE WANT: A fast writer who can compose clear, concise copy on tight deadlines. You must have experience with a daily publication. The position involves a mix of science journalism and business reporting, so the preferred candidate will have a background in both areas. This is a full-time position, based on our New York office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO: Translate news releases, announcements, and earnings reports into lively brief articles for our online news service. You’ll also cover conference calls as needed, conduct interviews for online updates, and work with editors from our family of weekly specialty-focus newsletters.
WHAT WE OFFER: A competitive salary, flexibility, a relaxed yet competitive environment, excellent exposure, and bylines. Benefits include 401(k), health, and dental.
WHO WE ARE: GenomeWeb News (www.genomeweb.com) is the largest and best-known independent news service that covers the burgeoning genomic-tool and -technology segment of biotechnology. We publish seven specialty-focused newsletters, a daily online news service, and a monthly magazine.
Interested? Please e-mail your résumé and a handful of clips to Bernadette Toner at email@example.com.
Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Oct. 1: A Virtual Conversation with George Zaidan, Author of Ingredients: The Strange Chemistry of What We Put in Us and on Us
- September 25: Life with COVID-19 Six Months after Lockdown
- September 16: A Virtual Conversation with Cheryl Pellerin, author of Healing with Cannabis
- September 10: The Business of COVID-19: A Virtual Conversation with Ed Silverman, Senior Writer and Pharmalot Columnist at STAT News
- August 24: A Virtual Conversation with Pam Fessler, Author of Carville’s Cure: Leprosy, Stigma, and the Fight for Justice