Fleishman-Hillard, recently recognized by the Holmes Report as the “Most Admired Public Relations Firm” in its annual agency workplace survey, has an immediate opening for a Managing Supervisor in its highly visible New York Healthcare practice.
The position provides the opportunity to work on the post-launch communications program for a new breakthrough pharmaceutical product, to lead a team of professionals, counsel the brand team of a reputable pharmaceutical company, and direct nationwide integrated communications programs involving media, third party organizations, healthcare professionals and consumers.
- Develop strategy and plans for integrated, national and regional, product communications programs
- Maintain strong client relationships and build strong account teams
- Coordinate and direct (team) implementation of communications programs; ensure best practices and quality of deliverables
- Provide proactive client counsel and creative recommendations on how to meet brand marketing goals through communications
- Write and edit various client and media materials: plans, presentations, reports, communications documents
- Develop relationships and coordinate correspondence with external audiences: third party organizations, healthcare professionals, media, etc.
- Oversee the client budget development, tracking, billing and communications; proven ability to run accounts profitably
- Supervise and train junior account staff; provide quality control and oversee team assignments
- Minimum 5-7 years of pharmaceutical communications experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Proven experience in planning, selling and managing communications programs
- Strong organization and project management abilities; ability to juggle and can think quickly
- Previous experience managing pharmaceutical product communications, healthcare and science programs
- Proven client counsel and team management; has grown accounts
- Energetic, self-starter and problem solver – gets things moving, keeps them on track, and understands how to switch gears when needed
- Professional writing and presentation skills
- Can translate clinical data into lay language; can simplify large amounts of information
- Knowledge of healthcare industry; understands pharmaceutical regulatory environment
- Proven understanding of media environment: healthcare trade, national, consumer, business, bylines, spokespersons
- Ability to lead and work within team structure; proven experience overseeing large client programs with multiple projects
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word
Fleishman-Hillard’s reputation for quality, creativity, and results is the foundation of our distinguished status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary and superb benefits including medical/dental/vision, life/disability insurance, paid holidays, and a 401(k) plan with a significant company match.
Please email Mary Czarnecki, Talent Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this opportunity or any other opportunity at Fleishman Hillard.