Manager, CME & Compliance, McMahon Publishing Group
Full Time, New York, New York
This position is responsible for coordinating the development of the grant requests and completion of joint sponsorship applications for CME/CPE/CE activities. In addition, the Manager will develop and monitor awareness campaigns as well as supervise the daily tracking of CME/CPE/CE activities of McMahon Group (and all business units within the company), including but not limited to the adherence to all accreditation and compliance requirements.
Because this position may be exposed to sensitive and confidential information regarding vendors and activity participants, the Manager, CME & Compliance must maintain the confidentiality that knowledge of such information warrants.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Grant Requests/Joint Sponsorship Application–CME Activities (75%)
- Determine the appropriate grant request submission process of each Grantor.
- Determine the appropriate joint sponsorship process of each Sponsor.
- Compile necessary information from internal project team members for submission of joint sponsorship application and formal grant requests.
- Complete joint sponsorship applications, grant request summaries, budget breakdowns and all other necessary documentation, including but not limited to appropriate Grantor’s paperwork.
- Generate grant application packets and submit to medical education partners to secure funding for educational activities/platforms.
- Organize and maintain a tracking system of pending and approved grant requests.
- Maintain a current description of Grantor and Sponsor processes.
- Monitor invoicing and payments of grant requests and vendor fees associated with projects.
Tracking CME/CPE/CE Programs (15%)
- Develop and monitor timelines to ensure steps are occurring in accordance to grant specifications and as agreed to by project teams.
- Update the timelines and notify teams when an altering event occurs.
- Submit manuscripts, final layouts and awareness campaigns to Sponsors for review and approval.
- Coordinate with Editors to incorporate Sponsor directives and suggestions into project planning.
- Approve final layouts and blues for project as well as all awareness campaigns for projects.
- Arrange appropriate project awareness campaigns as outlined in the grant specifications and confirm that campaign occurs as described.
- Record all payments received for CME/CPE/CE activities
- Request payment for honoraria and services rendered for CME/CPE/CE activities
- Collaborate with project teams to develop project binders to document project development and compliance.
- Manage the tracking of CME/CPE/CE activities by the CME department
- Assist project teams with problems and troubleshoot when necessary
Awareness of CME/CPE/CE Programs (10%)
- Develop and maintain audience-generating campaigns of individual projects including CMEZone.com/CEZone.com postings.
- Track individual projects and web site campaigns for usage and effect.
- Monitor activity participation and appropriately promote awareness of activities to extend reach as necessary.
- Develop and organize new campaigns promoting awareness and extending activity reach as necessary.
- Serve as a resource for staff regarding CME/CPE/CE accreditation and compliance issues
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the Standard Operating Procedures Handbook for the CME department.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Other duties may be assigned as warranted by the Director, CME & Compliance.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Travel and ability to work on weekends as necessary.
Must be able to distance walk through convention centers; Must be able to work long hours including early morning and late evenings during conferences; Must be able to do minimal lifting of boxes; Ability to use computer terminal for potentially long periods of time.
BA/BS degree in science, biomedicine, education or related field; Advanced degree preferred.
4 years experience with CME structure and function and/or organization and development of education programs; Experience in budget management; Extensive experience interfacing with internal and external customers; Experience presenting to groups; Demonstrated success with managing programs, educational planning, curriculum development and implementation, professional continuing education, or other areas of comparable scope.
Specific Skills:Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interact, in writing and orally; Strong organization, reasoning, analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to prioritize, meet and manage deadlines; Ability to conceptualize alternative education delivery modes; Ability to direct and manage staff as well as vendors; Possess a strong work ethic; Strong leadership capabilities to drive learning programs from inception to execution; Ability to be both proactive and diplomatic; Ability to lead a team as well as work effectively as a contributing member in a team environment; Experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet and proficient with various databases.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc:
Knowledge of current ACCME, ACPE and ANCC standards; FDA and OIG guidelines as well as PhRMA and AdvaMed codes; Knowledge of adult learning principles.
Email resumes to Patti Dickens, HR Director, email@example.com