Science Writer, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Research and Education
Full Time, Cold Spring Harbor, New York
Science Writer – Public Affairs
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL) is looking for a skilled writer who excels in the development of scientific content for general audiences. The successful candidate will play a key role in creating print and electronic materials to raise public awareness about CSHL’s world-renowned research programs in cancer and molecular biology, bioinformatics and genetics, and neuroscience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A master’s degree and/or doctoral degree in molecular biology, or genetics;
- Science writing experience, with proven ability to comprehend complex scientific material and translate it into language that is both engaging and educational for lay audiences;
- Experience with print and electronic media, with website design and content experience a plus
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team;
- The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package. No freelance or telecommuting inquiries please.
Interested parties should send a cover letter stating salary history and requirements, a resume and samples of their work (URLs, zip disks, etc.) to:
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
One Bungtown Road
Cold Spring Harbor NY 11724
Position # 1899
subject: Science Writer.
CSHL is an equal opportunity employer.