Medical Copy Writer, Cardiovascular Research Foundation
Full Time, New York, NY
Job Description Responsibilities:
- Responsible for writing timely articles covering updates in the field of interventional cardiovascular medicine and publishing them on CRF’s web sites. Able to write and handle material ranging from data-driven medical articles to newsletter material to promotional copy.
- Assists in covering medical meetings for CRF web sites.
- Assists in writing for daily newspapers covering CRF national meeting.
- Responsible for reference checking and revising abstracts, manuscripts, and summaries.
- Handles correspondence with physicians and researchers.
- Conducts searches of medical literature.
- Proofreads all text in assigned projects.
- Assists with copyediting; ensures that all text elements meet Editing quality standards, double checks any necessary facts, and ensures that all edited text goes through necessary reviews.
- Using AMA style guidelines, may assemble copy for promotional pieces, brochures, flyers, comprehensive medical conference programs/agenda, abstracts, CME materials, slide presentations, scientific data and other collateral meeting material.
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific field or in publishing, communications, English, marketing or the equivalent work experience.
- 1 – 3 years of medical writing and editorial experience. Medical communications or scientific journal experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of medical terminology. Exposure to cardiology preferred.
- Strong research skills.
- Ability to interpret and organize written information and solve problems relating to conflicting citations, credentials and medical terminology.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer. HTML experience preferred.
- Strong focus on accuracy, attention to detail and organization. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced and, at times, noisy environment. Must be willing to learn subject matter. Solid analytical, technical, and problem solving skills.
- Must possess excellent communication and writing skills, patience, professionalism and ability to effectively interact with staff and management alike. Ability to verbally communicate effectively with CRF staff, physicians, senior managers and their assistants, vendors, industry professionals and event attendees. Ability to communicate effectively when writing e-mail, reports, and letters. Ability to read and interpret vendor contracts, CRF policies and memos.