Science Writer, Weber Shandwick
Full time, New York, NY
Weber Shandwick, recognized as 2006 Large PR Firm of the Year by PR News and as “the gold standard” by the Holmes Group in its 2006 Agency Report Card, is a leader in global marketing public relations and corporate communications counseling. Our mission is tied to one goal – winning for our clients. With unparalleled depth and breadth of expertise, the finest talent in the industry and a commitment to delivering measurable results, Weber Shandwick creates what clients need to grow: a legion of believers, supporters, allies and fans. We develop programs designed to move people faster to the highest form of loyalty – advocacy – by mobilizing advocates for our clients early on in the communications process.
Weber Shandwick is currently seeking a Account Supervisor in Scientific Communications to be based in their New York offices.
Account Supervisors provide tactical counsel to clients, and manage the appropriate implementation on a variety of projects in a timely, deadline-focused basis. The incumbent will also provide counsel to other healthcare offices within the agency, and assume responsibility for appropriate projects and initiatives led by other offices. The Account Supervisor in Scientific Communications must have a deep understanding of clinical data/scientific concepts and the ability to communicate those concepts effectively.
- Provide client counsel on tactical matters, linked to strategic plans
- Generates new ideas and opportunities to ensure client program success
- Develop proposals, releases, customer profiles, bylined articles, science writer’s guides and other press materials
- Interpret and translate complex clinical or scientific data for consumer and trade press
- Communicate credibly with professional audiences
- Account for quality control and final review of all letters, memos, meeting reports, and client materials
- Instruct staff in the areas of writing and editing as necessary
- Demonstrate a well-developed knowledge of client relevant media
The ideal candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters or Ph.D. in science or health-related field preferred)
- 5 – 6 years related professional experience (agency or Pharma preferred)
- Some continuing medical education and/or publication planning experience preferred
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Aptitude to work independently and for financial analysis
- Can complete challenging projects within set parameters
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Attention to detail and quality
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Internet, on-line scientific and medical services, Media Map
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Weber Shandwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer.