Senior Editor, Pain Medicine News (McMahon Publishing Group)
Full time, New York City
The senior editor of Pain Medicine News oversees the day-to-day editorial duties to ensure that the publication is produced with editorial quality while meeting all editorial, layout and production deadlines. The senior editor reports to the news magazine editor, he or she is responsible for editorial tasks and special projects that may serve other areas of the news magazine team–in particular, sales, and production–as it relates to overall goals of the news magazine. This position involves setting and meeting deadlines autonomously.
The range of tasks for the editor are as follows:
- Select meeting coverage via a variety of avenues.
- Assign meeting coverage, news articles, regular columns and literature reviews to freelance writers.
- Assign and input story codes in editorial line up sheet and update regularly for the publication weekly meeting.
- Process freelance invoices ~Line-edit articles, editorial charts, CMEs, special reports, corporate profiles and other editorial content.
- Communicate effectively with copy edit department to assure accuracy of content.
- Attend scientific meetings approximately 3-6 times per year.
- Develop editorial content with editor and make suggestions for feature articles, editorial charts, special reports, special projects, etc.
- Provide editorial information/assistance to sales team and production department as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess at least five years of experience as a medical editor or writer, impeccable news judgment, and superior writing and editing skills. . Pain Medicine News is produced by the McMahon Publishing Group, a 36-year-old family-owned company that has market-leading titles in general surgery, anesthesiology, gastroenterology, neurology/psychiatry and oncology. This is a full-time position in our New York City offices. Competitive salary and benefits. Qualified candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Possess at least five years of experience as a medical editor or writer, impeccable news judgment, and superior writing and editing skills. Bachelor’s degree.
Contact Patti Dickens, HR Director, email@example.com