Director, Editorial Services, Cardiovascular Research Foundation
Full Time, New York, NY
Who we are:
The Cardiovascular Research Foundation, headquartered in New York City, has been dedicated to research and education in the broad subspecialty of interventional cardiology and endovascular medicine for over fifteen years.
By establishing the safe use of new technologies and pharmacologic agents, CRF has played a major role in the remarkable advances in survival and quality of life being realized for patients with cardiovascular disease.
Become a part of our team and help CRF serve as a major catalyst in the field of interventional vascular medicine.
The Director, Editorial Services will lead the development and execution of all content-based aspects of the organization’s communication initiatives, including scientific, academic, marketing, and fundraising communications, both external and internal. The Director, Editorial Services is also responsible for evaluating new business opportunities utilizing the Foundation’s vast library of scientific content, and for articulating the Cardiovascular Research Foundation’s core messaging, business philosophy and capabilities to current and potential clients, as well as across all departments, business units, service lines, and editorial projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, business or other related field or the equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years of managerial experience in medical publishing at health-care based organization (i.e. medical publishing house, hospital system, professional society, non-profit organization, medical education firm).
- Proven ability to manage and oversee a department of 7 or more individuals with diverse skill sets.
- Familiarity with AMA style.
- Familiarity with editorial processes and workflow in different media — print, web, multimedia.
- Well-rounded understanding of all aspects of medical publishing, writing and editing, for print, web, and multi-media based forums.
- Some medical journalism experience preferred.
- Proven ability to plan, manage and execute numerous long-term projects; ability to set and meet deadlines, budgets and expectations.
- Familiarity with cardiology field preferred.
- Experience developing fundraising/promotional/marketing materials.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Access. Proficiency with Mac and PC. Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Flash, Quark, and PhotoShop preferred.
- Must possess excellent communication and writing skills, patience, professionalism and ability to effectively interact with staff and management alike.
- Commitment to producing high-quality editorial communications to both physician, lay-public, client and internal audiences.
- Choice of health plans that include medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance.
- Health and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
- Pre-tax travel expenses through TransitChek program.
- 401(k) plan with a company match that is fully vested in just three years of employment.
- Generous paid time off (PTO) entitlement CRF employees accrue four weeks of PTO in first year of employment; five weeks of PTO in the second through fourth years.
- Ten paid holidays each year.
- Discounted health club membership.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume, including salary requirements and availability to the Recruiter-fax (212) 851-9280 or email to email@example.com. Please refer to job title “Director, Editorial Services” in your cover letter.
Be sure and visit our web site to learn more about how we strive to enhance and save patient lives every day www.crf.org
CRF is an equal opportunity employer.