Acquisition Editor, World Scientific Publishing Co.
Full time, Hackensack, NJ
World Scientific Publishing Company, a very successful and well-established international STM company, is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Acquisition Editor to look after its physical sciences lists.
The primary responsibilities of these positions will include:
1. Acquire book content
– Commission new titles and new editions of key backlist titles that meet designated profitability standards to maintain a steady and profitable revenue stream;
– Prepare, negotiate and finalize contracts on terms acceptable to both the publisher and to authors, editors, and contributors;
– Build up a personal network of academic contacts to identify authors, reviewers and potential textbook adopters;
– Develop dynamic and ongoing relationships with authors, contributors, and key advisers by consistent communication via e-mail, phone, conferences and campus visits.
2. Market research and teamwork
– Develop acquisition plans and identify relevant trends and market demographics to expand the company%u2019s publication program; Maintain a solid understanding of the markets, the competitors and the end users;
– Work as part of a publishing team to create, implement and track projects by maintaining close communication with colleagues in editorial, production, marketing and sales to ensure timely and profitable publications;
– Work with colleagues in marketing and sales to conduct market research and devise promotion strategies;
– Contribute to the successful running of the editorial team and books program by undertaking other departmental tasks as required.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated effective business communication skills, commercial acumen, and a real team-spirit.
Please apply in writing with a full resume and expected salary to Yubing Zhai, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone call please.