Editor, Current Science
Full-time, Pleasantville, NY
Employer: Reader’s Digest/Weekly Reader
Help plan, write, and edit Current Science and edit Science Spin editions. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
– Writing: Write science new features for the student edition of Current Science and quizzes for the CS teacher’s guide.
– Edit: Edit Science Spin. Plan stories and art; edit copy; and managing workflow.
– Planning and Research: Research Current Science features, a duty that includes interviewing scientists and other experts.
– Participate in planning and preplanning meetings to explain the value of news features and suggest photos, headlines, and art for the features. Suggest ideas to improve the periodical.
– Production: Adhere to deadlines; prepare art directions; review art and layouts; and check proofs to ensure accuracy of content.
– Other: Answer Current Science correspondence pertaining to features; contribute to the development of ancillary science products; and act as a science resource for editors of other periodicals.
– Miscellaneous duties as required.
– B.A. or an M.A. in Journalism, plus several years experience at a newspaper or a magazine
– Minimum 3-4 years in publishing/writing/editing/journalism.
– Background in education
– Able to communicate complex issues in lively, clear, and concise prose.
– Able to work quickly and meet short deadlines.
– Comfortable working in a collaborative team environment.
– Knowledge of a Mac platform and Microsoft Word and Quark XPress.
Readers Digest offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package which includes: Bonus Plan Eligibility, Medical, Dental and Vision; 401 (k) with company match, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Disability Plans, Transportation Reimbursement Account, Vacation and Personal Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts, Health and Fitness Reimbursement, plus more!
To apply to this opportunity, please visit our career website: www.rd.com/careers and reference job posting number
Reader’s Digest is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
Contact Kathy Rooney, email@example.com