Medical Writer/ Editor, Cardiovascular Research Foundation
Full time, New York , New York
Who we are:
The Cardiovascular Research Foundation, headquartered in New York City, has been dedicated to research and education in the broad subspecialty of interventional cardiology and endovascular medicine for over fifteen years.
By establishing the safe use of new technologies and pharmacologic agents, CRF has played a major role in the remarkable advances in survival and quality of life being realized for patients with cardiovascular disease.
Become a part of our team and help CRF serve as a major catalyst in the field of interventional vascular medicine.
The Medical Editor / Writer is responsible for developing and editing various types of content for CRF Editorial Services. Duties range from reporting and writing news articles covering the field of interventional cardiology to writing and editing the company newsletter. Activities also include: covering medical meetings for CRF publications and writing for daily newspaper covering CRF national meeting; editing/proof-reading physician manuscripts and writing slide presentations summarizing data from clinical trials.
– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in journalism or scientific field, communications, English, or the equivalent work experience.
– 2 – 5 years of medical writing and editorial experience. Health journalism, medical communications, or scientific journal experience is preferred.
– Ability to comprehend, interpret, and write about data from medical studies.
– Understanding of medical terminology. Exposure to cardiology preferred.
– Strong research skills.
– Must be proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer. Experience with EndNote is preferred.
– Ability to interpret and organize written information. Strong focus on accuracy, attention to detail and organization. Must be able to prioritize, and possess excellent communication skills, an assertive personality, and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Must be willing to learn subject matter.
– Choice of health plans that include medical, dental and vision coverage.
– Company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance.
– Health and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
– Pre-tax travel expenses through TransitChek program.
– 401(k) plan with a company match that is fully vested in just three years of employment.
– Generous paid time off (PTO) entitlement CRF employees accrue four weeks of PTO in first year of employment; five weeks of PTO in the second through fourth years.
– Ten paid holidays each year.
– Discounted health club membership.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume, including salary requirements and availability to the Recruiter-fax
(212) 851-9280 or email to email@example.com. Please refer to job title “Medical Editor / Writer” in your cover letter. Be sure and visit our web site to learn more about how we strive to enhance and save patient lives every day www.crf.org
CRF is an equal opportunity employer.