Special Assistant to Dr. James D. Watson, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
Full time, Long Island, New York
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is seeking a creative special assistant to Chancellor Emeritus and Nobel Laureate Dr. James D. Watson, co-discoverer of the DNA double helix. The position requires strong writing and interpersonal skills. This writing is targeted to general interest audiences as well as the scientific community. Prior experience in writing about science subjects is essential. A background in Biology or Life Sciences is a plus. The candidate will be primarily involved in editing, proofreading and assisting with writing, and research projects.
Responsibilities and duties:
– Serves as editor and researcher for JDW%u2019s writings and books
– Creates presentations on different scientific topics for a broad public audience and for the scientific community.
– Handles photo permissions for upcoming book projects
– B.S. or B.A. in science or related discipline
– Science writing and editing experience
– Knowledge of PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop and Access
– Demonstrated strength in written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills
– Creative and focused individual with excellent communication and problem-solving skills
The position will report to Dr. James D. Watson and the Executive Director of Libraries and Archives.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is a world-renowned research and educational institution with programs in cancer, neuroscience, plant biology, genomics and bioinformatics. It is located on the North Shore of Long Island, lying on a secluded inlet about 45 miles from New York City. The Laboratory is recognized internationally for its excellence in research and educational activities.
Please send cover letter and resume along with your salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
Department of Human Resources
1 Bungtown Road, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.