Online Editor, CMP Medica USA
Full Time, Norwalk CT
We are currently looking for an Online Editor in our Norwalk, CT
The Online Editor will help develop and maintain content and audience CMPMedica’s Web sites. We are seeking a medical editor who has a wide-ranging understanding of the delivery of clinical medicine, spanning all of the major medical specialties. The candidate must be familiar with information needs of doctors in office-based and hospital-based practices, not biomedical researchers. Ideally, the candidate will have experience with medical Web sites and search engines and be able to provide editorial assistance to the sales, technical, and audience development colleagues. In-depth knowledge of medical publishing, both on-line and print, is desirable. Familiarity with web page coding, traffic reporting, and strategies for search engine optimization also a plus. He or she will be a highly motivated self-starter who can juggle multiple tasks, remain cool and flexible under deadline pressure, be able to plan and prioritize tasks for complex projects, and work effectively as a team player.
* Coordinate online editorial activity for all of CMPMedica’s online and offline editorial staff members.
* Spread digital “best practices” to all of CMPMedica’s online and offline editorial staff members.
* Work with brand/publication editors to determine the information needs of target audiences
* Edit e-mail newsletters, home page copy, article content and other digital content to optimize audience development and retention.
* Help research and report on the capabilities and initiatives of competition
* Help research and develop expanded site offerings to meet changing needs of practicing doctors
* Managing online content & production work, including writing, editing, and proofreading e-mail newsletters and other digital content.
* Tracking traffic and response for Web site visitors and e-mail newsletter recipients.
* Track and improve internal editorial process, including updating editorial and online posting calendars, ensuring content is moving forward through editorial and posting processes and troubleshooting any problems that arise, and seeking efficiency and high quality and recommending and implementing process changes.
Minimum requirements include:
* Bachelor’s degree
* 3-4 years of meeting the information needs of practicing doctors across multiple medical specialties
* Fluency with on-line medical content and how to access it
* In-depth understanding of search engines and database creation and maintenance
* Knowledge of different types of on-line content (research reviews, patient education materials, CME credit) that practicing doctors want
* Meticulous reporting and follow-through on details
* Ability to handle large volume of work under tight deadlines
* Skilled at multitasking and managing complex tasks to completion
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
* Familiar with medical websites, intricacies of search engines and browser variations
CMPMedica offers over 30 years of medical industry experience and employs over 1,400 people in 29 different countries. We are the healthcare media division of United Business Media (http://www.unitedbusinessmedia.com), a leading global media company of news distribution, media, and specialized information services.
CMPMedica offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits which include: medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, tuition
reimbursement, paid time off, and more! If you are interested in this great opportunity, please email your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org