Full time, New York, New York
AXON, an international healthcare consulting firm with offices in Canada and Europe, seeks a Vice President to establish a medical communications operation in New York to service client needs and develop new US-based clients. AXON provides consulting services in medical communications to the global healthcare industry.
With offices in London, Toronto, Montreal, and New York, the US Vice President will be a senior member of the firm positioned to take on large and complex medical communication assignments from global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
Specific responsibilities include:
– Working with AXON senior management to set the strategy for growth, including business and marketing plans
– Identifying and leading new business pitches
– Establishing and maintaining client relationships
– Strategic direction and development of quality medical content in a variety of therapeutic areas
– Hiring, managing and training staff
– Leveraging AXON’s network of offices, clients, and practice groups to maximize opportunities for mandates.
Candidates will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in medical communications; a track record of achievement; demonstrated business development and management expertise; and an understanding of the US medical communication regulatory environment, including the PhRMA guidelines. An advanced medical/science degree is preferable.
AXON is a division of NATIONAL Public Relations, the largest communications consultancy in Canada with over 325 employees.
Send resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org