Chief Community Officer, Autism Speaks
Full Time, Midtown Manhattan, New York
– Bachelor’s degree
– Minimum of 5 years’ experience in e-commerce and new media as well as creating and executing successful online social media campaigns/marketing/networking in web design/applications
– Not-for-profit healthcare experience preferred
– Demonstrated expertise in driving web traffic and converting it to engagement/action; working with teams (both internal and external) to launch initiatives and use social networking to promote awareness, organize events and raise funds
– Expertise in, and knowledge of: Blogs, YouTube, Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Twitter, Ning and other forms of social networking
– Thorough understanding of new media landscape (e.g., e-map culture, blogs, social bookmarking, social networking, social news, microblogs, video sharing and media streaming, photo sharing, social software and applications, widgets and gadgets, ad integration, viral campaign management, podcasting, etc
– Intrinsic knowledge of social networking trends/methods
– Successful track record in relationship-building
– Ability to create innovative, robust fundraising opportunities, including online appeals and building a loyal donor base, as well as create and build social networks, with proven expertise in public relations and creating marketing campaigns/strategies
– Exceptional written/oral/listening communication skills
– Strong interpersonal, analytical/critical thinking and entrepreneurial skills; team focus is essential
– Proficiency in MS Office; Excel and Kintera experience preferred
Autism Speaks is the largest research and advocacy organization dedicated to funding global biomedical research into the causes, prevention, treatments and cure for autism. We currently have an exceptional career opportunity available for an experienced Chief Community Officer (e-commerce, social media and networking).
Chief Community Officer
The Chief Community Officer directs, establishes, plans and implements the policies and goals for Autism Speaks’ marketing and e-commerce strategy on the web. This individual builds awareness by sharing information about autism and, in particular, Autism Speaks, primarily through the identification of social technologies and web communities. The Chief Community Officer will be responsible for turning the Autism Speaks’ website into an exciting ‘destination site’ — connecting our community through social networking and ’round-the-clock’ interaction and activities, as well as creating a dynamic, live vehicle for online fundraising.
Chief Community Officer responsibilities include:
– Exploiting the new media of social and community networking in the not-for-profit sector
– Leading the social direction organizationally, via creation and execution of Autism Speaks’ mission statement, in areas such as social (general), social technologies and communities and social media
– Developing a strategic plan for social and community networking and implementing with various departments
– Assisting in leveraging Autism Speaks’ online donor base for fundraising, including segmentation, online appeals, building donor loyalty
– Creating social media marketing strategies and campaigns
– Evaluating existing in-house technologies with the intent to build a relationship model
– Networking with bloggers, especially those writing about social technologies and communities
Autism Speaks offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to help create a brighter future for autistic children and their families.
Qualified candidates may email resumes with salary requirements to:
No phone calls, please. Only those meeting the hiring criteria will be considered and contacted by Human Resources. Autism Speaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Primary Skill: Communications/Marketing
Critical Skills: Fund Raising