Science Marketing Writer, Illumina
Full Time, San Diego
Illumina is the only life sciences company developing genome-wide technologies for genotyping, gene expression and sequencing—the three cornerstones of modern genetic analysis. By enabling studies of thousands of patient samples at once, our products set genetic discovery on fast forward. And we’re just getting started.
Science Marketing Writer #1900
Please apply directly online at:
The Science Writer will write, edit, and authenticate scientific promotional materials including marketing data sheets, technical notes, grant-related materials, newsletter articles, and Internet-based communications. This literature supports microarray and sequencing products used to study genetic variation and function, and also diagnostic products.
The candidate must independently synthesize and describe complex scientific data, and be well versed in scientific terminology, principles, and publishing standards. Must be able to effectively communicate complex issues to business or scientific audiences in a marketing context. Candidate is expected to collaborate with other internal groups such as Sales to direct the evolution of the literature portfolio and align it with other outbound marketing materials.
Expected to have superior project and time management skills, excellent organization, and unfailing attention to detail and quality. Must function well in a fast-paced environment and independently manage multiple projects from concept to publication under tight deadlines and changing conditions while coordinating input from multiple stakeholders. This will require the ability to influence across boundaries, find win-win solutions, and respond creatively and resourcefully when obstacles arise.
English proficiency and excellent grammatical, writing, and editorial skills are required. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and moderate design skills are strongly preferred. Applicant must be comfortable working with a diverse population in many different areas of the company.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Research and write data sheets (selling tools), technical notes (informational-educational tools), application notes (how customers use Illumina products), web content, white papers, grant-related materials, and other marketing literature. Evaluate all input material, drafts, and graphics for scientific rigor.
• Interview customers for articles and video testimonials.
• Occasionally work with scientists and other groups to write grants or other scientific publications.
• Write or edit other marketing literature or technical documentation as required.
• Coordinate stakeholders from various departments and companies to review, illustrate, and publish the literature.
• Ensure new projects align with the literature portfolio and outbound marketing standards.
• Collaborate with internal Programs, Sales, and Product Marketing to ensure consistent messaging and continually improve literature-based support for the company’s fast-growing needs.
• Creatively innovate and develop tools and processes to support evolution and growth of the literature portfolio.
• Participate in team and individual initiatives to improve standards, tools, and procedures.
• Quickly learn and apply new tools, processes, and scientific information.
• Occasional travel required.
Advanced degree in biology, molecular biology, or genetics, two years experience in scientific marketing writing or the equivalent, and experience with writing grants or scientific papers.
When you join the high-performing team at Illumina, your work takes on new meaning—to an exponential degree. Our growth, our positive culture, and the impact our products are having in the world ignite a passion that drives our people forward. And together, we accomplish beyond expectations.
experience the power of i