Web Editor Interns, BioTechniques
Internship, New York, NY
We are seeking two (2) highly-motivated web editor interns to help with the editorial production of all content published on BioTechniques.com. This is an excellent opportunity to participate in all stages of content creation from inception to publishing.
Proposed length of internship is three (3) to six (6) months; 20-30 hours per week.
Payment: We will provide a stipend to cover meals and transportation costs.
Location: 52 Vanderbilt Ave., New York, NY 10017.
• Write/edit news articles, product descriptions, and company profiles.
• Update content through our content management system.
• Traffic ad copy and proofs for daily and weekly newsletters.
• Assist the development and production of newsletters, podcasts, and video.
• Guide our presence on social media sites including Twitter, Facebook, and Linked In.
• The ideal candidate will have at least two years of college courses and be working toward a degree in a related field or an equivalent background (science journalism, journalism, publishing, English, writing, editing, etc.).
• Excellent writing/editing skills. Detail oriented, resourceful, and self-motivated.
• Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Background in science, specifically biology, preferred.
• Experience with HTML, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and CMS is preferred.
• Familiarity with podcasting and video production preferred.
How to Apply:
• Email a brief cover letter, resume, and two (2) writing samples to: IBIinternships@informausa.com.
• Subject line: Web Editor Internship
Informa Healthcare is a major force in science publishing. Our aim is to provide authoritative research and analysis, up-to-the-minute news, comment and debate for all sectors of the Healthcare and Life Sciences community. We serve the commercial needs of business leaders, the research needs of the scientific community and the ‘good practice’ needs of healthcare professionals.
BioTechniques.com is a science community that provides peer-reviewed articles, news, and insight to life scientists
researching molecular biology and genetics.