Spanish Language Producer, Science Friday
Full time (staff) or part time (freelance), New York, NY (but could be off site)
Science Friday (www.sciencefriday.com) is the very popular live science news/talk show heard each week on National Public Radio (NPR) and Podcast on the Web. We also produce unique SciFri Videos and news stories for our Web site. We are a small band dedicated to the ideal that science should be “user friendly” and that professionalism, humor, and quality are essential to success. We have a job opening for a Spanish Language Producer who has the skills to translate our English audio and video science content into Spanish, and who can create new, original Spanish language content about science and technology.
• Translate SciFri Videos into Spanish and create subtitles using Final Cut Express software;
• Find, research story ideas, and create new video and/or audio content;
• Help create and maintain Spanish language section of Sciencefriday.com Web site and Science Friday presence in Spanish on social media sites. You may be writing blogs, posting Tweets, Facebook entries, etc.
• Flexible hours and workspace; you may be able to work offsite if conditions allow;
• Full time or part-time hours according to our/your needs and work load;
• A challenging environment, the opportunity to work with friendly people and learn new skills in radio, video and the Internet;
• Competitive freelance hourly wage rate or full time position w/health benefits.
• Exceptional Spanish Language speaking and translating abilities;
• Proven experience in Spanish science/technology writing, editing;
• Interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; plays well with others;
• Self-starter who can work independently;
• Knowledge of WordPress or similar software is helpful but not necessary;
• Knowledge of Final Cut Express editing software preferred.
To apply, please send resume + samples or URL links to your work, with a cover letter describing why this sounds like the right job for you.
Contact: Ira Flatow, Host/Executive Producer, Science Friday, email@example.com