Science and Arts Producer, ScienceFriday
Full Time, NYC
Science Friday (www.sciencefriday.com) is the very popular live science news/talk show heard each week on NPR and Podcast on the Web. We also produce unique SciFri Videos and news stories for our Web site. We are a small but joyous band of folk dedicated to the
ideal that science should be “user friendly” and that professionalism, humor, and quality are essential to success.
We have a job opening for a science and arts Producer who has the skills and desires to search out artistic endeavors with a science slant. Could be film or theater work. Painting, drawings, etc…
The right candidate for this job will have a real interest in “the arts” but also care about science and society. Or vice versa.
You’ll be able to find, research story ideas, and create new print, video and/or audio content; help create and maintain our SciArts website and contribute blogs and ideas.
• Flexible hours and workspace; you may be able to work offsite if conditions allow
• A challenging environment, the opportunity to work with friendly people and learn new skills in radio, video and the Internet;
• Competitive full time position w/health and 401k benefits.
• Proven experience in science/technology writing, editing;
• Interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; plays well with others;
• Self-starter who can work independently;
• Knowledge of WordPress or similar software is helpful but not necessary;
• Knowledge of Final Cut Express or Pro editing software preferred.
To apply, please send resume + samples or URL links to your work, with a cover letter describing why this sounds like the right job for you.
Visit our web site, www.sciencefriday.com/arts to get an idea of what is expected.
Contact: Ira Flatow, Exec. Producer, email@example.com