Senior Directory of Women’s Health Medical Affairs
Full Time, New York City
The Primary Care Business Unit seeks a Director/Senior Director, Medical Affairs for. Reporting to the Medical Affairs Team Lead, the Director/Senior Director, Medical Affairs is an integral member of the Medical Affairs, the cross-functional product and depression and women’s health – vasomotor symptoms disease area focused teams.
The Medical Director/Senior Director is the medical voice of, combining medical expertise and understanding of the patients and physicians point of view with in-depth knowledge of depression/women’s health and the relevant medicines. He/she is a part of a working environment where colleagues understand and exhibit customer-focused medical professionalism with honor and integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Proactively bring patients’ & physicians’ voice to development efforts to provide medicines meeting their needs, on cross-functional teams, while considering the needs of customers, including payers.
• Serve as the primary Medical point person interfacing with resources and internal business partners
• Understand the product/medicine and the formulation of the concept/strategy and how it relates to the customers’ needs
• Serve as a reliable, trusted resource of accurate, current medical and scientific knowledge (e.g.: disease states, product label, statistics interpretation etc), including competitive medicines, for internal and external stakeholders and customers
• Focuses on patient and physician concerns, as it applies to the data and disease area. Commits to excellence by continually learning and expanding their expertise
• Ongoing assessment of the benefit-risk of the medicine, taking into account new data, as it becomes available
• Objectively interpret technical and commercial information to deliver value added education to assigned teams. Serve as a translator between technical and commercial functions, driving the transfer and appropriate application of both commercial and clinical knowledge, ideas, and needs
• Collaborate with Marketing/Commercial Development, appropriate cross-functional teams, Medical Affairs, the US and others associated teams to drive strategic direction from proof of concept through patent expiry for medical development, lifecycle plans, and regional/country plans for the medicine or/and therapeutic area
• Contribute to the planning and timely, high quality execution of medical tactics to support the US and lifecycle plan
• Understand and effectively communicate current scientific knowledge, including medical needs, to different stakeholders, including patients, within disease area, customizing the communication for the audience leading to effective communication
• Establish how the medicine’s profile fits into customer needs and the commercial strategy and compares to competitive medicines, effectively communicating same to various stakeholders, including patients.
• Lead working groups in a professional, inclusive manner encouraging open discussion as related to assigned activities and specific roles, while demonstrating respect for all people.
• Proactively collaborate in the development and review of promotional materials including participation in review committee to ensure medical and scientific information are included in a medically appropriate context
• Partner with important external medical and scientific leaders in collaboration with field based medical colleagues and the US medical country organization via the Product Support Team.
• Develop medical content for congresses, symposia, promotional speakers and advisory boards and lead or participate in such activities in full compliance with policy • Take lead in organization of external meetings including advisory boards, congress and symposium as appropriate enhancing the leadership skills and behaviors, influence in decision making, identifying strengths and areas to focus with exploring continued opportunities to excel in their role.
• Participate in publications subcommittee to plan and implement appropriate publication strategy and tactics in accordance with policy
• Manage publication process including concept, author and agency liaison, Publications Subcommittee review and allowing for promotional use
• Coaches and provide medicine or/and therapeutic expertise to other medical and non-medical team members, including Sales Force/country medical colleagues.
• Proactively identify and address potential medical issues and ensure implementation of risk-management strategies in collaboration with team partners
• Proactively assess safety and regulatory aspects of the medicine with partners in these functional lines, including participation in safety and labeling working groups and potential interactions with the FDA related to both promotional activities and labeling.
• Participate in the medical/scientific assessment of potential business development activities and pre-proof of concept compounds within Research
• Work within functional teams to develop a common interpretation of data, a shared understanding of how product attributes drive realistic product profiles and broad buy-in to the development strategies most likely to achieve optimal labeling, access and pricing.
• Development and execution of expert panels.
– MD (preferred) or PhD in life sciences with relevant clinical/scientific expertise in women’s health experience specifically reproductive endocrinology and women’s mental health.
– Five years in pharmaceutical industry with strong medical affairs experience.
– Experience with designing and implementing phase IV clinical programs
Regulatory experience is a plus
Contact: Tom Citera-Managing Director, TomC@bachrachgroup.com