Senior Content Manager/Content Manager – Dallas, TX
I am a recruiter assisting a great Dallas, TX company to identify and hire an experienced (Sr.) Content Manager. Here are the details for your review:
The Senior Content Manager position is a working supervisory position which includes both supervising others as well as providing content for Continuing Medical Education (CME) activities including newsletter publications and meetings as well as non-CME publications such as peer-reviewed journals and direct-to-patient publications. Additionally, the Senior Content Manager identifies potential lines of content for all verticals, and provides medical and scientific support for company internet and marketing efforts.
Responsibilities include managing and expanded scope of individual projects from concept to delivery in collaboration with senior Scientific Affairs management.
Research and evaluate current medical and scientific literature in order to develop content to meet internal customer requirements and requests including but not limited to:
– Meeting presentation summaries for newsletters and journals;
– Slide notes for multimedia projects from meeting presentations
– Slide sets for CME meetings
– Review-style articles for newsletters and journals;
– Content-edit manuscripts submitted by outside authors
– Medical affairs monographs
– Medical affairs slide kits
– Needs assessments for grant proposals;
– Educational objectives and agendas for CME meetings;
– CME documentation.
– Build and maintain ongoing relationships with thought leaders, program chairs, and consulting faculty by establishing regular communications with them.
– Work collaboratively with thought leaders, program chairs, consulting faculty and supporters as necessary for content development.
– Generate ideas for topics and lines of content appropriate for the various verticals.
– Attend relevant scientific meetings.
– Assist with hiring Medical Writers.
– Assist with training, supervising, and evaluating Medical Writers and Content Managers.
– Review articles and slide sets submitted by faculty for scientific accuracy and alignment with educational objectives.
– Meet established production timelines regularly and consistently.
– Provide data necessary for departmental reporting activities including regular status reports as established by Director.
– Act as Associate Managing Editor for relevant journals according to tumor type.
– Maintain regular consistent attendance and professional appearance.
– Other job responsibilities and/or tasks may be assigned or reassigned to this job by management at any time.
Supervise team of medical writers.
– Minimum of two (2) years’ medical or scientific writing.
– Minimum of 4 to 6 years post-doctoral fellowship experience and/or medical oncology writing experience
– At least one (1) year of medical oncology writing experience.
– Advanced degree in a scientific discipline.
– Ph.D. in a scientific discipline, Pharm.D, Physicians’ Assistant, Oncology RN or board-certified oncology pharmacist preferred.
– Proficiency with suite of Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
Math / Language / Reasoning/ Physical Abilities:
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
– Ability to research/review, analyze, write and/or present scientific and clinical information and cases.
– Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
– Ability to work well in a team.
– Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send your resume along with relocation considerations and salary requirement to email@example.com