Associate Editor, HealthMonitor.com (Health Monitor Network)
Full time, Paramus, NJ
HealthMonitor.com has an immediate opening for an Associate Editor based in our Paramus, NJ office. This position is responsible for working on the website’s condition-specific and general health topic centers and more. Our ideal candidate will have experience writing and producing health/medical content at a consumer website.
• Write and edit health, wellness and medical articles, newsletters and blogs
• Work with medical experts and bloggers to produce content
• Track and monitor health news
• Generate new article and tool ideas for health centers, along with working on other digital efforts, including apps and video
• Refresh/update existing health content
• Incorporate best SEO practices
• Work with community and social media
Our ideal candidate has:
• 3+ years of experience in an editorial role for a consumer health website
• Experience with content management systems, blogs and social media tools
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• A good eye for detail and very detail-oriented
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
• A positive attitude and openness to developing new expertise and taking on new challenges
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-based environment
• Degree or equivalent experience in English, journalism or related field required
HealthMonitor.com is a growing online health destination for healthcare consumers, condition sufferers and caregivers. Health Monitor’s authoritative print magazines and guides are distributed through consumer subscriptions along with physician waiting and exam rooms. We have a reach of 120,000 medical offices, 300,000 physicians and health professionals, and 40 million healthcare consumers.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.