Job Title: Contract Medical Writer
Full Time, Stamford, CT
Contract Medical Writer (1 year – possible renewal) Reports to: Executive Director, Scientific Communications.
Remote work 3 days a week
The contract medical writer is expected to write posters and manuscripts and will on ocassion be interacting with CROs. The contract medical writer will be interacting with internal and external physicians, scientists, and statisticians to finalize the posters and manuscripts. The medical writing group is part of Medical Research Operations.
• Undergraduate degree in science or journalism/English with at least at least 4 years of experience writing and editing clinical study reports in a pharmaceutical environment. A graduate degree in science or a health-related field is highly preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in presenting medical research data in fluent English.
• Strong skills in interpreting clinical and statistical data.
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements for clinical study reports (eg, ICH, FDA).
• Good interpersonal skills; assignment requires interaction with internal and external colleagues.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES COULD ALSO INCLUDE:
Participate on several study teams as the designated medical writing functional representative and review the work of medical writing counterpart at the Clinical Research Organization (CROs) in the preparation of protocols and clinical study reports; in some situations, will be the writer of protocols and clinical study reports. Will also post the results of clinical trials on clinicaltrials.gov.
Serve as the medical writer of regulatory medical research documents such as clinical study reports and protocols; in most cases, the work will involve serving as the link between the CRO’s medical writers and study team, reviewing and editing the CRO’s work, coordinating all internal comments, and communicating back to the CRO.
Contact: Laura Walton (201) 793-1006