Medical writer/editor, consumer health
Full time, Manhattan
Leading consumer health publisher seeks full-time medical writer/editor for monthly newsletter for major medical center. Hands-on, senior-level position with involvement in all aspects of content development, including research, writing and idea generation, editing and proofreading. Must be comfortable reading and interpreting clinical journals and writing about clinical research in layman’s terms. Experience with AP style preferred.
• College degree in journalism or biological sciences
• At least 5 years’ experience writing on a wide range of health topics for a consumer audience
• Knowledge of PubMed and ability to identify well-designed and newsworthy clinical research
• Knack for converting complex medical concepts into relevant and practical information for health consumers
• Proven ability to produce engaging and accurate copy under deadline pressure.
This is an in-house position conveniently located in midtown Manhattan. Friendly, engaged staff and welcoming environment. Please email your resume plus three to five writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org and place medical writer/editor in the subject line. Writing samples should demonstrate your ability to translate clinical research into consumer-friendly language.