Medical Editor/ Writer, Cardiovascular Research Foundation
Full time, New York, NY
Who we are:
The Cardiovascular Research Foundation, headquartered in New York City, is dedicated to research and education in the broad subspecialty of interventional cardiology and endovascular medicine.
By establishing the safe use of new technologies and pharmacologic agents, CRF has for more than 15 years played a major role in the remarkable advances in survival and quality of life being realized for patients with cardiovascular disease.
Become a part of our team and help CRF serve as a major catalyst in the field of interventional vascular medicine.
Medical Editor/ Writer Job Description:
The Medical Writer is responsible for handling various editorial tasks for CRF Publications.
• Create high-quality compelling scientific copy for physicians and other healthcare practitioners, scientists, and medical faculty; various project types include slide presentations, primary manuscripts, journal supplements, abstracts, poster presentations, and new media; ensures adequate research and referencing of all written work.
• Write and handle material ranging from data-driven medical articles to newsletter material to promotional copy to educational curriculae.
• Assist in covering medical meetings for CRF publications.
• Assist in writing for daily newspapers covering CRF national meeting.
• Participate in editorial projects related to the creation of the TCT Compendium on CD-Rom for CRF’s annual TCT symposium.
• Write summaries of medical journal articles and create PowerPoint slides for “Factoids” CD.
• Write summaries of interventional cardiology trials from a variety of sources including journal articles, communications with principal investigators and meeting abstracts.
• Copy-edit all text in assigned projects; ensure that all text elements meet Editing quality standards, double checks any necessary facts, and ensures that all edited text goes through necessary reviews.
• Using AMA style guidelines, assemble copy for promotional pieces, brochures, flyers, comprehensive medical conference programs/agenda, abstracts, CME materials, slide presentations, scientific data and other collateral meeting material.
• Interpret and organize written copy provided by several sources
to ensure it flows in a cohesive order.
• Ensure accuracy and consistency of citations/credentials in all materials and medical, specifically cardiovascular, terminology in all materials.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in scientific field or in publishing, communications, English, marketing or the equivalent work experience;
• 3 – 5 years of medical writing and editorial experience; Medical communications or pharmaceutical ad agency experience is preferred; Demonstrated understanding of medical terminology;
• Strong research skills;
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer;
• Ability to interpret and organize written information and solve problems relating to conflicting citations, credentials and medical terminology;
• Strong focus on accuracy, attention to detail and organization;
• Must be willing to learn subject matter;
• Must possess excellent communication and writing skills, patience, professionalism and ability to effectively interact with staff and management alike;
• Ability to communicate effectively when writing e-mail, reports, and letters;
• Ability to read and interpret vendor contracts, CRF policies and memos.
• Choice of health plans that include medical, dental and vision coverage.
• Company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance.
• Health and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
• Pre-tax travel expenses through TransitChek program.
• 401(k) plan.
• Generous paid time off (PTO).
• Ten paid holidays each year.
• Discounted health club membership.
Contact Information: To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume, including salary requirements and availability via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (646) 434-4119. Please refer to job title “Medical Editor/ Writer” in your cover letter.
Be sure to visit our web site to learn more about how we strive to enhance and save patient lives every day: www.crf.org.
CRF is an equal opportunity employer.