Associate Producer, Science Friday
Full time, New York, NY
Science Friday (www.sciencefriday.com) is the popular, live, science news/talk show heard each week on NPR and via podcast. We also produce unique SciFri videos and news stories for our web site. We are a small but joyous band of folk dedicated to the idea that science should be “user friendly” and that professionalism, humor and quality are essential to success.
We have a job opening for an Associate Producer.
This position will involve pitching, researching, booking and producing stories for live radio interviews; working with web editor on complementary web pieces; occasionally blogging for the website; assisting in maintaining Science Friday’s social media presence; assisting with the live broadcast.
- A challenging environment, the opportunity to work with friendly people and learn new skills in radio, video and the Internet.
- Competitive, full-time position with health and 401k benefits.
- Journalism education with strong science background
- 2-3 years proven journalism experience covering science/ health/ technology; radio production experience preferred
- Ability to write quickly and accurately on deadline
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter who can work independently and create self-directed goals and timelines
- Audio editing experience preferred
- Knowledge of WordPress or similar CMS software preferred
Our offices are located in midtown Manhattan. There may be an opportunity to work offsite if conditions allow. Some overnight travel may be required (less than 15 nights per year). To apply please send a resume and a cover letter describing why this sounds like the right job for you to email@example.com. Selected candidates will be asked to send work samples and story pitches.
Visit our web site, www.sciencefriday.com to learn more about the show.