Investigative Healthcare Reporter, BioPharm Insight, part of the Financial Times Group
Full time, New York
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our New York team as an Investigative Healthcare Reporter with BioPharm Insight, part of the Financial Times Group.
The individual will cover both drug development and licensing deals in the pharmaceutical and biotech sectors – including R&D, licensing opportunities, M&A, regulatory issues, reimbursement, litigation and general industry trends.
- We are seeking an investigative journalist in our New York office to cover the pharmaceutical and biotech sectors as well as drug development regulations and reimbursement.
- Conduct interviews with high-level regulatory officials, physicians, consultants and industry executives to provide forward-looking intelligence on R&D activities as well as uncover new industry trends, facts and break news daily.
- Research industry trends and keep on top of new developments.
- Attend healthcare and investor conferences.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- The ideal candidate should have strong knowledge of the drug development process and healthcare industry
- Previous experience on a daily or weekly publication preferred
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience preferred
- Excellent communication, reporting, interviewing and writing skills required -Ability to perform to a high standard under strict deadline pressure required
- Team-oriented approach with ability to work in an interactive news room environment
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Journalism and/or science-related
WHAT WE OFFER
The compensation package is competitive, with a benefits package of health and dental insurance as well as a 401(k) plan. We offer a generous 20 days of vacation time (plus holidays as per the New York Stock Exchange). Advanced, investigative and breaking news articles will be published on the FT.com website (www.ft.com/mergermarket). We are an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
BioPharm Insight publishes real-time news and data on the most price-sensitive issues in the global healthcare market. Our diverse team consistently provides an exceptional product and level of analysis to a readership comprising: top-tier investment banks, hedge funds and corporate subscribers in the healthcare sector. BioPharm Insight is a part of Infinata, a division of the Financial Times Group, publisher of the Financial Times newspaper and FT.com. The FT Group is a division of Pearson plc, the international media group (www.biopharminsight.com).
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to:
Querida Anderson, North American Editor, email@example.com