Freelance, 34th and Park Avenue
Summary of Position:
The Development Writer manages projects and serves as writer and editor of a variety of fundraising materials, which may include marketing collateral, campaign materials, development brochures, remarks and speeches, newsletters, acknowledgment letters, stewardship reports and internal communications.
- Produces carefully researched and well-crafted acknowledgment letters and proposals for major donors.
- Proofreads editorial materials.
- Writes and performs related research for donor cultivation materials such as brochures, newsletters, and other materials.
- Writes and edits materials for special events.
- Oversees other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in English.
- Science/Healthcare background preferred.
- Minimum two to four years’ professional experience as writer and editor in a nonprofit or corporate communications position.
- Track record of on-time high-quality delivery of writing products.
- Extremely strong flexible writing skills with proven ability to write for any constituencies.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self motivated, outgoing and results oriented.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Computer literacy required, specifically knowledge of MS Office package, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
Contact: Kim Evans, email@example.com