Investigative Cancer Reporter, biopharminsight.com
Full Time, New York, NY
We are looking for a driven and diligent individual to join BioPharm Insight’s New York team as an Investigative Healthcare Reporter covering cancer. The individual will cover all aspects of cancer drug development, approval and marketing and provide forward-looking intelligence through thorough reporting.
The individual will also cover business development, litigation and general trends within the cancer sector.
- Write informative articles on cancer drug development by gathering key intel months in advance of upcoming company catalysts.
- Cover key elements of a drug’s life cycle including clinical trials, regulatory decisions, reimbursement and commercialization as well as collaborations, M&A and litigation.
- Conduct interviews with all types of experts including high-level physicians, investigators/researchers, consultants, regulatory officials and industry executives.
- Uncover new industry trends and facts.
- Break news with timely, critical scoops on the pharma and biotech sector.
- Attend healthcare and investor conferences.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Knowledge of the drug development process and healthcare industry required
- Excellent reporting, interviewing and writing skills required
- Ability to perform to a high standard under strict deadline pressure required
- Ability to work in an interactive news room environment required
- Two years of reporting experience covering cancer or other medical beats preferred
- Previous experience on a daily or weekly publication preferred
- Outstanding networking and contact building skills required
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Journalism and/or medical field) required
WHAT WE OFFER
The compensation package is competitive, with a benefits package of health and dental insurance as well as a 401(k) plan. We offer a generous 20 days of vacation time (plus holidays as per the New York Stock Exchange). We are an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
BioPharm Insight (www.biopharminsight.com) publishes real-time news and data on the most price-sensitive issues in the global healthcare market. Our diverse team consistently provides an exceptional product and a level of analysis to a readership comprising: top-tier investment banks, hedge funds and corporate clients in the healthcare sector. BioPharm Insight is a part of Infinata, a division of the MergerMarket Group.
Contact: Querida Anderson, North America Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org