Associate Editor – Special Projects, McMahon Group
Full time, New York City
McMahon Group offers clinical newspapers and educational projects in a wide range of medical specialties. The 400,000 clinicians who consistently receive our publications, several of which rank first in syndicated readership scores, recognize McMahon Group as a trusted source for timely, cutting-edge medical news and education.
The Special Projects department creates promotional medical education and custom media through funding from the pharmaceutical industry.
We are currently seeking an associate editor for our Special Projects department. Requirements and duties for this position include:
- Excellent content editing, writing, proofreading, fact checking, and copyediting skills (proficiency in AMA style)
- Assign, evaluate, and edit content (eg, monographs, pocket guides, wallcharts) for an audience of healthcare professionals
- Ensure accuracy, general flow of content, grammar, comprehensiveness, etc.
- Revise or rewrite manuscripts or portions of manuscripts as necessary
- Working knowledge of Medical/Legal review process
- Effectively communicate with thought leaders in person, on the phone, and in writing
- Interact with sales, copyediting, design, and production departments, as well as pharmaceutical industry clients if appropriate
- Effectively translate dense clinical information into concise, reader-friendly formats (eg, figures, tables, wall charts)
- Provide suggestions to design team regarding layout and artwork
- Efficiently manage multiple projects
- Working knowledge of InCopy/InDesign preferred
- Have a high level of organization
Contact: Jeannie Moyer, firstname.lastname@example.org