Medical Editor/Writer, Cardiovascular Research Foundation
Full time – Temporary, New York, NY
Who we are:
The Cardiovascular Research Foundation, headquartered in New York City, is dedicated to research and education in the broad subspecialty of interventional cardiology and endovascular medicine. By establishing the safe use of new technologies and pharmacologic agents, CRF has for more than 15 years played a major role in the remarkable advances in survival and quality of life being realized for patients with cardiovascular disease.
Become a part of our team and help CRF serve as a major catalyst in the field of interventional vascular medicine.
The Medical Editor/ Writer is responsible for handling various editorial tasks for CRF. Duties include:
- Handling material that ranges from data-driven medical articles to newsletters and educational materials
- Reporting and writing news articles covering the field of interventional cardiology for the daily online news service TCTMD.com
- Interviewing physicians via telephone and email about practice-changing research
- Understanding and adhering to journalistic ethics
- Compiling summaries of CRF meetings
- Contributing articles for the award-winning TCT Daily, a newspaper covering the annual CRF national meeting
- Creating PowerPoint slide summaries of medical journal articles
- Editing, copy editing, and fact checking as needed
- Performing additional duties as assigned
- Traveling occasionally as required
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific field or in publishing, communications, English, marketing or the equivalent work experience;
- 3 – 5 years of medical writing and editorial experience;
- Medical journalism experience preferred;
- Demonstrated understanding of medical terminology and statistics;
- Strong research skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer;
- Ability to interpret and organize written information and solve problems relating to conflicting citations, credentials and medical terminology;
- Strong focus on accuracy, attention to detail and organization;
- Willingness to learn subject matter; Excellent communication and writing skills, patience, professionalism and ability to effectively interact with staff, management and physicians alike;
- Ability to communicate effectively when writing email, reports and letters;
- Ability to read and interpret CRF policies and memos.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume (including salary requirements and availability) and 3 writing samples via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (646) 434-4119. Please refer to job title “Medical Writer” in your cover letter.
Be sure to visit our web site to learn more about how we strive to enhance and save patient lives every day: www.crf.org.
CRF is an equal opportunity employer.