Scientific Editor, CME Agency
Full Time, Stamford, CT
Dedicated to the continuing professional education and development of healthcare professionals. Our goal is to implement high-quality, innovative educational activities and initiatives that enhance the clinician’s knowledge, competence, performance, and ultimately improve the delivery of medical, nursing, and pharmacy care.
Stamford, CT (easily commutable from NYC – within 2 blocks of train station)
A dynamic and unique medical education company based in Stamford, CT, is searching for a midlevel scientific editor with prior medical publishing, medical communications experience.
Candidates should have the ability to analyze and interpret complex clinical data to assist in developing continuing education activities in various formats.
This is a diversified position that requires a take-charge, organized, enthusiastic person who can handle multiple assignments and deadlines.
Candidates should have experience working with medical faculty as well as assisting in the research and content development for preparation of manuscripts, slides, needs assessments, and online programs in multiple disease states.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage freelancers to develop educational content for live, print, and online activities
- Hands-on content development for live symposia, Web courses, monographs, and interactive programs
- Fact check and edit manuscripts, slides, for accuracy and clarity Incorporate author/reviewer revisions
- Develop and write content components of proposals and needs assessment
- Develop surveys and analysis reports
- Interface with faculty, program management, and art departments regarding content and design
- Travel to onsite programs as needed
- 3+ years as an editor in medical education, medical publishing, pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Master’s degree in science or higher mandatory
- Ability to multitask in fast-paced environment
- Experience in diabetes, oncology, CNS a plus
- Project management skills
A Master’s degree or higher in biologic sciences or healthcare field is required.
Local candidates – no telecommute
Must be authorized to work in US