Editorial Intern, Weill Cornell Medical College
Part-time Internship, New York, NY 10022
ABOUT US: Weill Cornell Medical College is one of the nation’s premiere medical colleges and focuses on its three-pronged mission of education, research and clinical care. The objectives of the Office of External Affairs are to highlight and promote the many and varied achievements of our faculty and students.
Weill Cornell Medical College’s Office of External Affairs is seeking one to two interns to become a part of its communications team. The internship is geared toward students interested in communications, public relations, journalism or a related course of study.
- Assist in drafting press releases, online stories and other written
materials for publication
- Proofread and copy edit communications including press releases, online stories and other written materials for publication
- Conduct research for Editorial, Social Media and Development teams
- Draft Web assets in HTML
- Assist with compiling targeted media lists and pitching story ideas to media outlets
- Attend shoots with media
- Track media coverage and compile lists of media updates
- Attend communications and development events and help plan logistics as needed
- Monitor social media including Facebook and Twitter, steer social media initiatives, and draft social media posts
- Maintain database of videos and photos
- Assist in the shooting and editing of multimedia products
WCMC is in the process of expanding its offering of multimedia materials with aggressive distribution through various social media and other web platforms. The intern will have an opportunity to assist and apply production talents and abilities to further develop this initiative.
The internship will run for 10-15 weeks beginning as soon as possible.
Interns are expected to work 20 – 30 hours a week and will be paid $15/hour. Eligible students may receive academic credit for their internship.
Interns need strong verbal and written communication skills. An interest in health care or science is a plus. Strong computer skills, basic understanding of the Microsoft Office suite and the Internet are a must.
Cover letters and resumes will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Administrative Operations Manager