Job Title: Medical Editor
Employer: McMahon Group
Location: New York City
McMahon Group seeks an associate editor to join the No. 1-read newsmagazine
in its field, Gastroenterology and Endoscopy News (GEN), which offers
articles with a timely mix of meeting coverage, regular features and
columns by key opinion leaders.
Web presence is strong and growing with a significant increase in Twitter
followers and an increase in web traffic in 2014. The associate editor
works in conjunction with the Editorial Director on the assigning, writing
and editing of 25 to 30 articles per month.
- Writing and editing breaking news and feature articles
- Managing freelance writers
- Interacting with editorial advisory board to hone print and web content
- On-site coverage of society meetings
- Working closely with the Art and Copy Departments to close the issue each month
- Creating compelling weekly e-Newsletters and breaking news e-Alerts
- Using social media to promote content (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.)
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A background in the life sciences and a minimum of 2-3 years of experience as a medical editor or writer in the Gastro field and Clinical Oncology field as well
- Top-notch news judgment, with a passion for clear, concise newspaper-style prose. An understanding of medical statistics and study data interpretation
- Strong tracking and production skills
- Knowledge of AP and AMA styles
- A drive to learn from web analytics and build a growing, dedicated web
- Ability to package content for print and translate/rethink for website.
- An appreciation for teamwork between editorial, sales and upper management.
McMahon Publishing Group is a 43-year-old company that has market-leading
titles in anesthesiology, gastroenterology, general surgery, infectious
disease, oncology and pain medicine.
McMahon Group offers clinical newspapers, educational projects in a wide
range of medical specialties. The clinicians who consistently receive our
publications, several of which rank first in syndicated readership scores,
recognize McMahon Group as a trusted source for timely, cutting-edge
medical news and education.
How to apply
Please email your resume and salary requirements to Jeannie Moyer, our HR
Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alan S. Brown
SWINY Jobs Board