Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Jan. 27: Understanding the Vaccine Race: A Virtual Conversation with Jon Cohen, Senior Correspondent at Science Magazine
- Jan. 21: Understanding the Science of COVID-19 Vaccines: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. John Moore
- Jan. 14: Distributing the COVID-19 Vaccine: A Virtual Conversation with Gerald Posner
- Dec. 15: Reporting On and Living With COVID-19: The View of Four Latin American Journalists
- Dec. 8: What Does It Take to Create a Safe and Effective Vaccine?
Author Archives: admin
Jan. 27: Understanding the Vaccine Race: A Virtual Conversation with Jon Cohen, Senior Correspondent at Science Magazine
Science Writers in New York is excited to present Jon Cohen, senior correspondent at Science Magazine, who will discuss his reporting on the race to find a vaccine against COVID-19. Continue reading
Science Writers in New York is excited to present Dr. John Moore, professor of microbiology and immunology at Weill Cornell Medical College, an expert on vaccine research who will discuss why it was not so difficult to develop the COVID-19 vaccines, how they work and how protective they will be. Continue reading
Science Writers in New York is excited to kick off 2021 with author and award-winning investigative journalist Gerald Posner, who will talk about why the vaccine rollout is so slow, what can be done about it and whether altering the vaccine dose schedule makes sense. Continue reading