Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- July 13: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. Sara Mednick, author of The Power of the Downstate
- May 26: What Will COVID Look Like This Summer and Will There Be a New Vaccine this Fall?
- May 16: The Growing Crisis In Our Oceans: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. Drew Harvell
- May 12: Preventing the Next Pandemic: The Link Between Human Health and the Health of the Planet
- May 3: Building a Sustainable, Reliable Revenue Stream as a Professional (PAID!) Speaker
Author Archives: admin
By popular demand Science Writers in New York is pleased to again present Mikhail Kogan, MD, medical director at the George Washington Center for Integrative Medicine and co-author of Medical Marijuana: Dr. Kogan’s Evidence-Based Guide to the Health Benefits of Cannabis and CBD. Continue reading
Science Writers in New York is pleased to present Mikhail Kogan, MD, medical director at the George Washington Center for Integrative Medicine, and Joan Liebmann-Smith, PhD, a medical sociologist and medical writer, who are the co-authors of Medical Marijuana: Dr. Kogan’s Evidence-Based Guide to the Health Benefits of Cannabis and CBD. Continue reading
March 17: Precision Medicine for The Brain: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. Amit Etkin, Founder and CEO of Alto Neuroscience
Science Writers in New York is pleased to present Dr. Amit Etkin, founder and chief executive officer of Alto Neuroscience, who will discuss Alto’s targeted approach to leverage brain biomarkers such as behavior, electroencephalogram activity, and sleep and activity patterns to identify likely drug responders. Continue reading