Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Feb. 15: Wastewater Surveillance: An Important Tool in Detecting COVID-19 and Other Pathogens
- Feb. 8: A Virtual Conversation with Amy Dockser Marcus, Author of We the Scientists: How a Daring Team of Parents and Doctors Forged a New Path for Medicine
- Jan. 19: The Opioid Crisis in America: A Virtual Conversation with Gerald Posner
- Jan. 3: Secrets Of Publishing: A Zoom Talk With Editors, Agents & Authors
- Dec. 6: Is Lithium A Better Treatment for Depression Than SSRIs—And Can It Treat COVID?
Author Archives: Alan Brown
Job Title: Freelance Science Writer Type: Freelance Employer: Columbia University Medical Center Location: Freelance Job Description Columbia University Medical Center is looking for freelance science writers to write press releases about new studies published by CUMC scientists. Qualifications Most of our … Continue reading
Job Title: Global Health Writer Type: Full-time Employer: International AIDS Vaccine Initiative Location: New York, NY Job Description: IAVI seeks an experienced, brisk, and imaginative global health writer to serve as a lead contributor to an institutional content strategy that … Continue reading
Job Title: Science Writer, Life & Physical Sciences Type: Full-time Employer: Purdue University Location: West Lafayette, Indiana Job Description Under the direction of the Assistant Director-Editorial, the Science Writer – Life and Physical Sciences, Communication Specialist, is responsible for the development … Continue reading