Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- October 4: The Rise in Childhood Suicide
- April 26: A Virtual Conversation with Deirdre Barrett, Author of Pandemic Dreams
- April 12: Wastewater Surveillance: An Important Tool in Detecting COVID-19 and Other Pathogens
- March 22: A Virtual Conversation with Dan Levitt, Author of What’s Gotten Into You
- March 14: Was COVID-19 Caused by a Lab Leak in China?
Category Archives: Announcements
We want to let you know that the up-close-and-personal author event we had planned (but not yet announced) for May 19 and our annual June science walk in Central Park are on hold for the time being. As soon as we know that it is safe to organize large group meetings we will update you all on the status of these and other events. Continue reading
Science Writers in New York just partnered with Trupo to bring you a personalized benefits package designed for your life as a writer. Continue reading
We have set up a discussion forum to help facilitate ride sharing to ScienceWriters 2019 and the annual meeting of the National Association of Science Writers. Continue reading