Connect with SWINY
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- November 13: An Evening with Robert Klitzman, MD, author of Designing Babies: How Technology is Changing the Ways We Create Children
- November 7: An evening with #MeTooSTEM Reporters Michael Balter and Meredith Wadman
- October 2: An Evening with Katherine Eban, Author of Bottle of Lies
- August 19: A New Look at New York’s Waterfront
- June 20: Revel in the Ramble: A Unique and Hidden Urban Gem
Category Archives: Audio and Video
Video for the November 19, 2009 event “Ethics in Hard Times: A panel discussion for science and health journalists and writers” is hosted at the website of the Association of Healthcare Journalists, our cosponsor for this event: http://www.healthjournalism.org/ethics-in-hard-times.php
We’ve finally collected the video here on swiny.org from the January Social Media for Science Writers workshop. We thank our friends at TalkingScience for recording and editing the video. Special thanks to SWINY board member Miriam Gordon who conceived the … Continue reading
[Audio:http://www.swiny.org/audio/090129_Social_Media.mp3] SWINY thanks Robin Lloyd of LiveScience.com for providing the recording of the Social Media for Science Writers event, and Steve Mirsky of Scientific American for performing the digital magic that enabled us to post this.