Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Feb. 15: Wastewater Surveillance: An Important Tool in Detecting COVID-19 and Other Pathogens
- Feb. 8: A Virtual Conversation with Amy Dockser Marcus, Author of We the Scientists: How a Daring Team of Parents and Doctors Forged a New Path for Medicine
- Jan. 19: The Opioid Crisis in America: A Virtual Conversation with Gerald Posner
- Jan. 3: Secrets Of Publishing: A Zoom Talk With Editors, Agents & Authors
- Dec. 6: Is Lithium A Better Treatment for Depression Than SSRIs—And Can It Treat COVID?
Category Archives: Events
Join Science Writers in New York for a virtual conversation with Dr. Sarah Kane of GT Molecular, who will discuss the technology of testing wastewater for pathogens, including COVID-19 and Mpox, and how it can help prevent/mitigate future pandemics. Continue reading
Feb. 8: A Virtual Conversation with Amy Dockser Marcus, Author of We the Scientists: How a Daring Team of Parents and Doctors Forged a New Path for Medicine
Join Science Writers in New York for a virtual conversation with Wall Street Journal reporter Amy Dockser Marcus, whose new book is a narrative of a group of patient advocates who are revolutionizing the way medical research is conducted. Continue reading
Science Writers in New York invites you to a virtual conversation Gerald Posner, who will discuss the origins of the opioid crisis, his role as an advisor to the Hulu series Dopesick, and the upcoming Showtime documentary based on his book Pharma. Continue reading