Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- August 18: Monkeypox: What Is It and How Concerned Should We Be?
- July 28: Preventing Zoonotic Spillover at Its Source
- July 13: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. Sara Mednick, author of The Power of the Downstate
- May 26: What Will COVID Look Like This Summer and Will There Be a New Vaccine this Fall?
- May 16: The Growing Crisis In Our Oceans: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. Drew Harvell
Category Archives: Events
Science Writers in New York invites you to join us for a virtual conversation with Dr. Stephen S. Morse, professor of epidemiology at Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health, who will talk about the recent monkeypox outbreak, the vaccine shortage and how concerned we should be. Continue reading
Science Writers in New York invites you to a virtual conversation with Dr. Jamie K. Reaser, Senior Scientist & Project Director, Smithsonian National Zoological Park & Conservation Biology Institute, about land use change and why protecting and restoring ecological systems is fundamental to preventing future pandemics. Continue reading
Join Science Writers in New York for a virtual conversation with Dr. Sara Mednick about her new book and how we can access the most replenishing and repairing aspects of sleep through activities and moments that happen during our day by diving into our “Downstate.” Continue reading