Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- May 26: What Will COVID Look Like This Summer and Will There Be a New Vaccine this Fall?
- May 16: The Growing Crisis In Our Oceans: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. Drew Harvell
- May 12: Preventing the Next Pandemic: The Link Between Human Health and the Health of the Planet
- May 3: Building a Sustainable, Reliable Revenue Stream as a Professional (PAID!) Speaker
- April 18: The Pandemic in New York City: What Happened and What Will Happen Next
Category Archives: Events
Science Writers in New York welcomes Alaina G. Levine, an award-winning entrepreneur, science journalist, science and engineering careers consultant, professional speaker and corporate comedian, and executive communications consultant and coach. Continue reading
Science Writers in New York invites you to join us for a virtual conversation Dr. Jay K. Varma, an expert on the prevention and control of diseases. Continue reading
By popular demand Science Writers in New York is pleased to again present Mikhail Kogan, MD, medical director at the George Washington Center for Integrative Medicine and co-author of Medical Marijuana: Dr. Kogan’s Evidence-Based Guide to the Health Benefits of Cannabis and CBD. Continue reading