Connect with SWINY
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- December 16: SWINY Holiday Get-Together — Have a drink and snacks on us!
- November 13: An Evening with Robert Klitzman, MD, author of Designing Babies: How Technology is Changing the Ways We Create Children
- November 7: An evening with Reporters Michael Balter and Meredith Wadman on Exposing Sexual Misconduct and Bullying in Academic Science
- October 2: An Evening with Katherine Eban, Author of Bottle of Lies
- August 19: A New Look at New York’s Waterfront
Category Archives: Events
Science Writers in New York invites you to spend an evening with Katherine Eban, who will discuss her new book Bottle of Lies (published May 14th, Harper Collins). Continue reading
New York City is surrounded by waterways—but how well do you really know them? On August 19, Science Writers in New York will present a special, exclusive close-up of our largest body of water, at RIVERTalk: The Life of the Hudson. Continue reading
Join SWINY for an exclusive after hours tour of Central Park’s Ramble. This year our tour concludes at the Boathouse Café on 73rd Street. Continue reading