Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Sept. 29: Busting Myths on the Evolution of Humans and Exercise
- Sept. 20: The Role of Numbers in Government, Media, Popular Culture, and Life
- August 18: Monkeypox: What Is It and How Concerned Should We Be?
- July 28: Preventing Zoonotic Spillover at Its Source
- July 13: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. Sara Mednick, author of The Power of the Downstate
Category Archives: Events
Science Writers in New York invites you to a virtual conversation with Dr. Jamie K. Reaser, Senior Scientist & Project Director, Smithsonian National Zoological Park & Conservation Biology Institute, about land use change and why protecting and restoring ecological systems is fundamental to preventing future pandemics. Continue reading
Join Science Writers in New York for a virtual conversation with Dr. Sara Mednick about her new book and how we can access the most replenishing and repairing aspects of sleep through activities and moments that happen during our day by diving into our “Downstate.” Continue reading
Science Writers in New York is pleased to once again present Dr. John Moore, who will talk about the rise of COVID cases in New York City and across the country, mask policies and vaccination strategies. Continue reading