Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Jan. 19: The Opioid Crisis in America: A Virtual Conversation with Gerald Posner
- Jan. 3: Secrets Of Publishing: A Zoom Talk With Editors, Agents & Authors
- Dec. 6: Is Lithium A Better Treatment for Depression Than SSRIs—And Can It Treat COVID?
- Nov. 30: A Virtual Conversation with Ryan Prior, Author of The Long Haul
- Nov. 22: Triple Pandemic this Winter? A Virtual Conversation with New York Times Reporter Apoorva Mandavilli
Category Archives: Events
Science Writers in New York invites you to join us for a virtual conversation with science journalist Ryan Prior, author of The Long Haul: Solving the Puzzle of the Pandemic’s Long Haulers and How They Are Changing Healthcare Forever. Continue reading
Nov. 22: Triple Pandemic this Winter? A Virtual Conversation with New York Times Reporter Apoorva Mandavilli
Science Writers in New York welcomes back New York Times science reporter Apoorva Mandavilli to discuss her experiences reporting on the COVID-19 pandemic, monkeypox, and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV). Continue reading
Nov. 17: Why Is There So Little Interest in Public Health Compared to the Latest Medical Breakthroughs?
Science Writers in New York invites you to a virtual conversation with Dr. Michael D. Stein about his new book, Me vs. Us: A Health Divided, which explains why public health constantly loses out to medical care for attention and resources. Continue reading