Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Dec. 1: Big Pharma & COVID-19 Vaccines: A Virtual Conversation with Investigative Journalist Gerald Posner
- Nov. 17: Reporting On and Living With COVID-19: The View of Three European Journalists
- Nov. 9: Mental Health and COVID-19: A Virtual Conversation with Robert Klitzman, MD
- October 28: A Virtual Conversation with Jessica Wapner
- Oct. 22: Can We Use Science to Promote Behavior That Mitigates COVID-19?
Category Archives: Events
Science Writers in New York invites you to join us for a virtual conversation with Jessica Wapner, author of Wall Disease: The Psychological Toll of Living Up Against a Border. Continue reading
Science Writers in New York invites you to join us on Zoom for a virtual conversation with Dr. Dominique Brossard, professor and chair in the Department of Life Sciences Communication at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Continue reading
Science Writers in New York invites you to join us on Zoom for a conversation with Dr. Stephen S. Morse, professor of epidemiology at the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health and an expert on risk assessment of infectious diseases. Continue reading