Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- October 28: A Virtual Conversation with Jessica Wapner
- Oct. 22: Can We Use Science to Promote Behavior That Mitigates COVID-19?
- Oct. 14: Can We Predict the Next Pandemic? A Virtual Conversation with Dr. Stephen S. Morse
- Oct. 7: A Virtual Conversation with Carl Zimmer, Science Journalist at The New York Times
- Oct. 1: A Virtual Conversation with George Zaidan, Author of Ingredients: The Strange Chemistry of What We Put in Us and on Us
Category Archives: From the Board
It’s time to renew or begin your annual membership in our local community of science writers—SWINY—the greater metropolitan area’s leading professional and social hub for science, medical, and healthcare writers, editors, and PIOs. Continue reading
SWINY has arranged to help eligible members receive free access to Elsevier’s ScienceDirect. This resource allows users, including credentialed reporters and freelance journalists, to access a leading full-text scientific database offering more than 13 million journal articles from nearly 2,500 journals and book chapters from 30,000 books. Continue reading