Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Feb. 15: Wastewater Surveillance: An Important Tool in Detecting COVID-19 and Other Pathogens
- Feb. 8: A Virtual Conversation with Amy Dockser Marcus, Author of We the Scientists: How a Daring Team of Parents and Doctors Forged a New Path for Medicine
- Jan. 19: The Opioid Crisis in America: A Virtual Conversation with Gerald Posner
- Jan. 3: Secrets Of Publishing: A Zoom Talk With Editors, Agents & Authors
- Dec. 6: Is Lithium A Better Treatment for Depression Than SSRIs—And Can It Treat COVID?
Category Archives: From the Board
It’s time to renew or begin your annual membership in our local community of science writers—SWINY—the greater metropolitan area’s leading professional and social hub for science, medical, and healthcare writers, editors, and PIOs. Continue reading
SWINY has arranged to help eligible members receive free access to Elsevier’s ScienceDirect. This resource allows users, including credentialed reporters and freelance journalists, to access a leading full-text scientific database offering more than 13 million journal articles from nearly 2,500 journals and book chapters from 30,000 books. Continue reading