Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Jan. 21: Understanding the Science of COVID-19 Vaccines: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. John Moore
- Jan. 14: Distributing the COVID-19 Vaccine: A Virtual Conversation with Gerald Posner
- Dec. 15: Reporting On and Living With COVID-19: The View of Four Latin American Journalists
- Dec. 8: What Does It Take to Create a Safe and Effective Vaccine?
- Dec. 17: Virtual Joint Happy Hour with Science Writers of the Upper Midwest (SWUM)
Category Archives: From the Board
It’s time to renew or begin your annual membership in our local community of science writers—SWINY—the greater metropolitan area’s leading professional and social hub for science, medical, and healthcare writers, editors, and PIOs. Continue reading
SWINY has arranged to help eligible members receive free access to Elsevier’s ScienceDirect. This resource allows users, including credentialed reporters and freelance journalists, to access a leading full-text scientific database offering more than 13 million journal articles from nearly 2,500 journals and book chapters from 30,000 books. Continue reading